Here comes the fasting month of the year again! Ramadan is around the corner, nervous going into a full fast? We have came up with this recipe for a delicious and decadent appetiser or dessert at the iftar hours!
We are going to share a guilt-free yet rich Pistachio Banana Chocolate Fudge by only using 7 simple ingredients! These little treats are able to store up to 4 weeks in the fridge!
Ingredients (To make 24 pieces)
½ cup coconut oil
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 medium ripe banana
10 dates, blended
Pistachio , chopped
Pinch of sea salt
*Amount of pistachio is based on individual preference, if you like nuttier fudge, you may add more nuts or you could even substitute with other nuts such as pecan, walnuts or even cashew nuts. *
- In a small pot, melt the coconut oil.
- Sieve the cocoa powder and whisk in while the coconut oil is still warm.
- Blend the dates, banana, dates and vanilla extract in a food processor.
- Later, add the chocolate mixture and pinch of salt into the processor and blend until smooth & well combined.
- Pour into a small parchment lined baking dish, sprinkle the chopped pistachio or nuts of your preference on top and chill them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cut them into pieces and ready to serve.