10 Facts about #worldearthday and plastic waste in Malaysia:
- Earth Day was founded by an US Senator named Gaylord Nelson back in 1970.
- In the 1990s, the Earth Day went global mobilizing 200 million people in 141 countries and lifting environmental issues onto the world stage (focusing mainly on clean air, clean water and endangered species)
- Today, World Earth Day focuses on global warming issue and cleaner energy.
- 2020 marks the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day.
- The theme for Earth Day 2018 and beyond is to end plastic pollution (a multi-year campaign).
- The world today is facing the greatest rate of extinction (the result of human activity) since we lost the dinosaurs more than 60 millions years ago.
- The theme for Earth Day 2019 is to protect threatened and endangered species.
- In 2018, Malaysia was reported to be the eighth worst country worldwide for plastic waste.
- According to data from Malaysia’s Department of National Solid Waste Management: from January to July 2018, Malaysia imported 754,000 tonnes of plastic, equivalent to the weight of 100,000 adult elephants.
- According to Greenpeace investigation, sadly, much of Malaysia’s imported trash (most of which comes from the US, UK & Japan) is not recycled, but dumped or burned.
Fun World Earth Day Activities:
Want to test your knowledge about our Mother Earth? Click here
Want to see how how many plastic items you consume and discard every year? Click here
FREE JUTE BAG from La Juiceria & Super Saigon
In conjunction with World Earth Day 2019, La Juiceria and Super Saigon are joining the global movement to regulate plastic pollution. We will be giving away FREE Jute Bag (worth RM25) with minimum purchase of RM100 in a single receipt. Our Jute Bags are 100% bio-degradable, made from natural fibre, 100% sustainable, grow naturally with no pesticide an chemical, most importantly: build tough and can carry loads of stuff!
Campaign Date: 22nd April 2019 – 30th April 2019
Outlets: All La Juiceria Detox Bars, All La Juiceria Superfoods Cafes and All Super Saigon Cafes
Terms and conditions:
- Get a Free Jute Bag from La Juiceria or Super Saigon with minimum spend of RM100 in a single receipt (no combination of receipt is allowed)
- Customers must redeem the Free Jute Bag from the cashier on the day of spending (returned customers with receipt from other date will not be entertained)
- Limited Jute Bag to be given away each day.
- While stock lasts.
- La Juiceria Healthy is Sexy Jute Bag will only be given away at La Juiceria Detox Bars and Superfoods Cafes.
- Super Saigon Un-pho-gettable Jute Bag will only be given away at Super Saigon Cafes.
- La Juiceria Sdn. Bhd and Super Saigon Cafe Sdn. Bhd. reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this promotion, and is entitled to withdraw from this promotion at any time at its discretion, without prior notice.