Looking for a drink that cools you down of the hot weather yet helps to nourishing your skin? Why don’t you try to make cucumber milk at home? You can use almond milk, hazelnut milk, or soy milk. Well, it may sound weird to you for this combination, but it’s surprisingly tasty and refreshing! The cucumber rehydrates your body and gives you most of the vitamins you needed for a day. And the milk that made with almond, hazelnut or soy beans which rich in protein and PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acids) will smoothen you skin and make your hair shinny.
To make cucumber milk, you just need 2 ingredients, any plant-based milk and cucumber. You can purchase almond mylk, hazelnut mylk or cashew nut mylk from La Juiceria or make soy milk by your own.
Below is the recipe to make unsweetened soy milk.
160 g dry soy beans Strainer
1.6 litre water Blender or food processor
- Wash and soak the soy beans overnight. Make sure the beans are soften and bigger in size on the next day.
- Grab some soy beans and rubbing them together. The shells will float to the top of water, remove the shells and rinse the soybeans.
- Blend the soy beans in batches. Add 1 cup soaked soy beans and 2.5 cup water (600ml) into the blender and blend until the beans completely break down.
- Pour the blended soy bean milk over the strainer and set on top of a large pot.
- Cook the soy bean milk over medium low heat and bring to a boil, remember to stir from time to time because it can bubble and over flow. Once it boiled, turn to low heat and allow to cook for another 20 minutes. Scoop out the film formed on top of the soy milk.
- Once soy milk has cool down to room temperature, it can be stored in the refrigerator.
Below is the recipe to make cucumber milk.
¾ cup almond mylk, hazelnut mylk or soy bean milk Juicer or blender
½ cup cucumber
½ cup melon (optional, to contributes the sweetness)
- Place the ingredients listed above into the blender or juicer and blend.
- There goes the cucumber milk. Enjoy this glass of healthy, tasty, refreshing and nourishing drink! =)