The recent outbreak of the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in Wuhan, China have sparked a global concern as the number of infected people escalating dramatically over the past few weeks. At this writing, almost 7700 confirmed cases and over 170 deaths have reported within just less than a month since the first case was detected, according to the New York Times.
However, not only the new coronavirus in China but the current outbreak of influenza A(H1N1) in Malaysia, which affecting mostly school-going children have rise a high alert for everyone here.
At such, boosting the immune system helps us ward off any microbes that find its way into your body. It also helps to reduce any toxic effects of the secretions of any pathogen microbes in your body. Good immunity also helps in recovery in case the person becomes sick due to entry of pathogenic microbes in the body.
There are a few simple natural ways that can help to boost your immune system easily:
1. Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts to get the essential nutrients to help strengthen the immune system. Cruciferous vegetables like kale, broccoli and cabbage can help in maintaining a healthy liver for carrying out detoxification more effectively.
2. Reduce intake of processed sugars and sweeteners; it turns your body especially your mouth into culture media for unhealthy microbes.
3. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can cause the inflammatory immune response to active and weaken your immune system and response to vaccine.
4. Get Your Exercise On. Working out on a regular basis has been scientifically proven to boost the immune system. Regular exercise mobilises the T cells, a type of white blood cell which guards the body against infection. However, continuous rigorous workout weakens the immune system.
5. Ginger and Turmeric are proven to be the strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients that have been used since centuries ago, to help fighting infection and wound healing. You can always make an infusion of natural extracts from these ingredients with hot water at home. But, if you are op for a quick and convenient boost, La Juiceria’s POWER SHOT (Vital shot/ The Defender) have got your back! lt is recommended to take 2 to 3 bottles of power shots per day to maximise the effect. To find out more about POWER SHOT, click here.
At the side of boosting body immunity, taking care of your own personal hygiene is equally important to help prevent spreading of diseases. Sanitise your hands with alcohol sanitiser, wear a mask if you are sick, are a few simple steps that can keep you stay safe from infection diseases.